The Village of Montgomery is calling for entries into its “Montgomery: It Feels Like Home!” Photo Contest. The contest is open to both professional and amateur photographers using any brand of camera or lens. Winning photos will be featured on the Village’s website at www.ci.montgomery.il.us and on its Facebook page.
“We are looking for photos that capture the natural beauty of Montgomery, such as the river, parks and wildlife, as well as the people and places that make Montgomery a great place to live,” said Jeff Zoephel, Village Administrator. “We are looking for a wide range of photos that illustrate all the variety our Village has to offer.”
Residents can submit photographs taken in Montgomery through July 11. There are three categories for the contest: environment, people/activities and architecture. These categories provide residents with an opportunity to show off their children, interests, activities, and favorite places in Montgomery. Photos should portray the community-friendly life of a Montgomery resident and can involve people, places, objects and action shots from any season.
The top three photos will be displayed at Montgomery Fest, where community members can vote to select a winner. All winners will receive recognition at an upcoming Board Meeting and all submissions will have a chance for their photo to be placed on the Village website and Facebook page.
Find the complete contest rules and entry information at www.ci.montgomery.il.us or request them from Debbie Buchanan email@example.com.
Photo Contest Rules
- Entry forms must be filled out in their entirety. Submit one (1) entry form per photo.
- All photographs must be taken in Montgomery, but photographer does not have to be a Montgomery resident.
- The Village will only accept full, unaltered photos. Please do not crop, auto adjust colors or apply filters to your images.
- Large digital photos are preferred, and should fill the monitor screen.
- Photos and entry forms may be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Debbie Buchanan, 200 N. River Street, Montgomery, IL 60538 by July 11, 2014.