.

Boulder Hill Fire Sparked by Overheating Fan

Fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes by the Oswego Fire Protection District.

The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 3:05 p.m. Thursday.

When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in the attic of the home in the 100 block of Circle Drive East, Boulder Hill, said Battalion Chief Dan Schiradelly.

The fire was caused by a fan that overheated in the attic bathroom. "We were able to contain it to just the bathroom," Schriadelly said.

The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes.

The fire department removed part of the drywall and insulation to expose the hidden fire. They removed the insulation and drywall after the fire was extinguished to aid in the clean-up, said Schiradelly. The home is still livable. 

No one was injured in the fire. 

Special thanks to Ashley Given and Rick Jacobsen for the photos. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »