Did you know that accidental drug overdose causes more deaths in Illinois-and across the nation-than traffic fatalities?
Please join us to:
• Remember those lost to overdose
• Hear stories from impacted families and friends
• Honor those who have displayed courage by publicly sharing personal experiences
• Raise awareness about the heroin and pain pill epidemics
• Meet others affected by heroin, opiates and overdose
• Advocate for lifesaving solutions
• End overdose by 2022
Who Should Attend?
Anyone impacted by the overdose or heroin/pain pill epidemics; individuals in recovery; treatment and mental health providers; health care, emergency services and law enforcement professionals; teachers and health educators; students; community members.
Date: Thursday, August 30, 2012
Where: Roosevelt Campus Rotunda, Schaumburg, 1400 Roosevelt Boulevard, Schaumburg, IL
Bring: Pictures of lost loved ones, ribbons, your stories
For more information: please email Kathie Kane-Willis email@example.com or call 773.865.3104 or
You can download a flier at: http://files.xlmc.net/vigil/