Village of Montgomery Announces Brush Pick-up for 2013
Brush must be stacked neatly in the parkway by the Sunday evening of pick-up week.
The following was provided by the village of Montgomery.
The Village of Montgomery’s 2013 brush pick-up service will begin in April.
To assist residents and encourage good property maintenance, the Village of Montgomery offers brush removal service to residents each year from spring through early fall. The monthly service will be provided during the first full weekof each month from April through October. This corresponds to the weeks of April 1, May 6, June 3, July 1, August 5, September 2*, and October 7, 2013. (*Indicates holiday week; service will begin on Tuesday.)
To help ensure that we continue to efficiently and effectively provide this service to Montgomery residents, the following rules have been established:
- Brush must be stacked neatly in the parkway by the Sunday evening of pick-up week. Crews will begin Monday morning and will make only one pass through your neighborhood. Brush placed after village crews have passed will not be collected.
- Brush should be neatly piled in one direction, unbundled, with the larger trunk portions facing the street. Brush piles should not be taller than 3 feet high, and should not obstruct the sidewalk.
- For safety reasons, branches must be no smaller than 1inch—but no larger than 4 inches—in diameter and no shorter than 3 feet in length. Public works crews will not pick up piles that include bushes with roots and dirt attached, grape or other vines, lumber, plywood or construction materials (including but not limited to metal objects, concrete/stone chunks, etc). Piles that are not neatly stacked or contain any of these items will not be picked up.
- Twigs, leaves and smaller yard debris need to be placed in yard waste bags for removal by the Village’s regular garbage hauling service, Allied Waste Services. As part of your monthly garbage service, Allied Waste Services will pick up one 30 gallon yard waste bag each week from April through November at no extra cost to you. Please take advantage of this service.
- The Brush Removal Program is not intended to handle branches, logs, or tree stumps as a result of large scale tree trimming or removal.
- This service is provided to residential properties only. Public works crews will not remove brush from commercial, industrial, or other non-residential properties.
- If your brush pile is not picked up, a tag will be left behind explaining the reason it wasn’t collected.
Brush must be placed on the parkway in front of the property from which it originates (Village of Montgomery Code, Sec.9-45), so do not place brush in the street or onto other lots. Brush may be placed in the parkway for removal up to one week before the scheduled pick-up dates.
Public Works crews will pick up brush beginning the Monday of the scheduled service week and will continue throughout the week until the entire Village is completed. If you have any questions with regard to the Brush Pick-Up program, or any other Public Works services, please call the Montgomery Public Works Department at 630-896-9241.