Sheriff: 76 Tickets in Holiday Enforcement Campaign
Kendall County Sheriff's deputies wrote 76 tickets between June 22 and July 4. Here's how they broke down.
Kendall County Sheriff’s deputies handed out 76 tickets during a 13-day period of stepped-up enforcement around the July 4 holiday.
The campaign ran from June 22 to July 4. It resulted in a pair of drunken driving charges, and 62 citations for not wearing a seatbelt, among other charges.
Here’s how the citations broke down:
- 62 for not wearing a seatbelt
- 7 for driving without insurance
- 2 for drunken driving
- 2 for not having a valid registration
- 1 for failing to secure a child
- 1 for not having a valid driver’s license
- 1 for driving on a suspended license
The campaign was funded through a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation.