Boulder Hill Fire Sparked by Overheating Fan
Fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes by the Oswego Fire Protection District.
The Oswego Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential fire at 3:05 p.m. Thursday.
When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in the attic of the home in the 100 block of Circle Drive East, Boulder Hill, said Battalion Chief Dan Schiradelly.
The fire was caused by a fan that overheated in the attic bathroom. "We were able to contain it to just the bathroom," Schriadelly said.
The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes.
The fire department removed part of the drywall and insulation to expose the hidden fire. They removed the insulation and drywall after the fire was extinguished to aid in the clean-up, said Schiradelly. The home is still livable.
No one was injured in the fire.
Special thanks to Ashley Given and Rick Jacobsen for the photos.