Aquatic Park Results from 2012: Oswegoland Park District
Ninety-seven percent of those surveyed said they would recommend the Oswegoland Aquatic Park to a friend.
It might be a little cold to think of swimming, but the Oswegoland Park District is already thinking ahead for next year’s swim season.
The results below are taken from Oswegoland Park District records regarding visitors’ experiences at the Aquatic Park this past summer. A total of 581 surveys were received, from which the results were compiled.
- 97 percent of pass holders and visitors would recommend the Aquatic park to a friend.
- 87 percent of the survey takers were listed as Oswego residents.
- 181 survey takers said they visited the park weekly. 116 said they came 2-3 times a week and 103 said monthly. 87 said they seldom came, 25 came 3-5 times a week and 5 came daily.
- 49 percent of respondents are pass holders. 40 percent visited the park and 11 percent said neither.
- When asked their main reason for choosing the Oswego Civic Center Aquatic Park, 59 percent said it was because of location, 16 percent based on price, 11 percent for amenities, 4 percent for programming and 10 percent for other.
- On a scale of 1-4 with 4 being excellent, the Aquatic Park received a 3.48 in overall experience.
- 46 percent said they would purchase a pool pass for next year, 47 percent said they were unsure and 7percent said no.
Total revenue for the 2012 swim season was $503,372.26 with the highest amount coming from admission for resident individuals with $177,838.00.
The total expense for the 2012 swim season was $480,058.99 with the highest cost coming from salaries and wages with $287,125.25.
Overall, the Oswegoland Aquatic Park posted a total revenue of $24,314.00.